AH-013: So, you want to be a lighting designer!
An introduction to the profession of lighting design. What are the career options in Lighting Design that are outside of the traditional theater? How do you get started in architecture, themed entertainment, concert, industrial, television, lighting for virtuaL spaces (animation) or art? This 9-week course will explore all of these career options with leaders from the profession, giving you practical information about what you will need to get started in these exciting career paths.
This course will meet for 9 sessions on Tuesdays from June 1-July 27, from 8:00pm-9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT)
This course is designed for (but not limited to) young and emerging artists.
It is possible to register for a single session for $30.00. Please note the session number(s) on the registration form.
A limited number of Scholarships are available! Please fill out a form here.
Roma Flowers and Guests
Nine (9) – 90-minute Sessions (order subject to change based on guest availability)
- Tuesday June 1, 8:00pm-9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Introduction to the world of lighting design. How do we tell stories, how do we think about light
- Tuesday June 8, 8:00pm-9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Themed Entertainment Lighting with Guest Hillary Rosen
- Tuesday June 15, 8:00pm-9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Lighting for Lighting for Animation and VFX (Visual Effects) Jasmine Katatikarn
- Tuesday June 22, 8:00pm- 9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Concert Lighting with guest Abigail Rosen Holmes
- Tuesday June 29, 8:00pm – 9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Television Lighting with guest Dave Feldman
- Tuesday July 6, 8:00pm – 9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Architectural Lighting Design with guest Steven Rosen
- Tuesday July 13, 8:00pm – 9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Theatrical Lighting Consulting with guest Josephine Marquez
- Tuesday July 20, 8:00pm – 9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): The World of Industrials and Corporate Events with guest TBD
- Tuesday July 27, 8:00pm – 9:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Light and Art – Moving into the gallery with guest TBD